Mittwoch, 27. August 2014

Lauren Conrad Talks About The Launch of Paper Crown Bridesmaids and Her Big Day!


Martha Stewart Weddings
Fall 2014 cover girl and bride-to-be, who’s engaged to recent law school grad William Tell, on getting her besties ready for her own big day and the launch of Paper Crown Bridesmaids, her line of 12 wear-them-again dresses, modeled here by five of her nine bridesmaids.

On Asking Her ’Maids
“My jewelry team at Kohl’s made me necklaces. We found this little diamond ring piece that looks just like my ring, so I did rose gold necklaces for everybody and then sent it with a will-you-be-my-bridesmaid’ card.”

On Choosing a Dress Style
“I sent them all the different shapes and let them pick from two colors. I don’t mind if there are a few girls in the same dress, or if people are all in different ones. It’s too difficult to take a group of girls and put them in the same color and silhouette; everyone has their own style.”

On Picking a Palette
“They’re all wearing the same two colors in several shades, so it’s all the same color scheme. I don’t think it needs to look too cohesive. They’re all individuals, so it’s nice that it doesn’t look too uniform.”

On Skirt Length
“I’m okay with different lengths—it just depends on the look that you’re going for. In our collection, we’re only doing a few dresses that aren’t long. We’re doing full-length, a couple midi, and then we have a couple to-the-knee. We didn’t really go shorter than that because it doesn’t really feel appropriate, and if that’s what you want, then you can always shorten the dress.”

On Day-Of Hairstyles
“I’m letting the girls do whatever they want. Again, I think that weddings are about celebrating, and you want everyone to feel comfortable, so I think it’s about whatever is going to make them feel pretty. Understated is always best, so I think trying to go more classic is always a nice choice because you don’t want anybody to stand out in a negative way.”

On Bridesmaid Nails
“I was thinking about doing a gift bag and just including a pale pink or a nude in there. We’ll see if I get around to that. I think that’s a nice way to suggest, like, ‘Here’s a pretty color for you.’ Yeah, that might actually be a good call because some of my friends will probably have navy or dark nails!”

Source: MarthaStewart
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen