Dienstag, 3. April 2012

SNEAK PREVIEW: Glamour's May Cover Star Lauren Conrad Opens Up About Life After Reality TV!


MTV's golden girl, Lauren Conrad, is all grown up and drama-free. How'd that happen? Hard work, a sense of humor, and a new perspective on everything she went through. Allow her to explain in this excerpt from Kyle Buchanan's cover interview.

Your new book is about a bad girl who loves to cause drama on her reality show. Does any of that draw on your time in Hollywood?
"Yes, definitely. I knew people who called the paparazzi on themselves! Their point of view is “They’re going to photograph me anyway, and this way I get paid half of what they make.” I could never bring myself to do it, but it was kind of fun to write it from that point of view."

Are you able to watch other reality TV, like The Real Housewives or The Bachelor, or do you just complain to your friends, “Look how scripted that is!”
"I do! I’m always so bad about continuity errors, or all the little tricks they do; they cut and paste together these voiceovers. But you have to know that these poor editors have to make something out of nothing sometimes, because so much money goes into every shoot."

What’s another trick we might not know about?
"During shooting, the producers would send us quick text messages telling us what to talk about. They couldn’t walk through the shot, so they’d just text me, like, “Say something quick about this story line.” That’s why we were always checking our phones!"


You’re awfully considerate when you talk about the crew on these shows.
"I was really lucky. You see the crew more than you see your friends and family. One producer, Sophia, is still one of my best friends. I think it’s funny because you’re never supposed to make eye contact with the crew during a shoot. Sometimes you want to turn to a friend and you can’t!"

Did you watch the series finale of The Hills?
"I didn’t ever watch it."

Liar!
"I swear on my life! I only watched the last minute and a half at the finale party."

People often say that reality stars are famous for doing nothing. Did you feel like you had to prove yourself?

"I did, and it was very frustrating because I almost wanted to send critics my weekly schedule and say, “This is my ‘nothing.’ ” I would film all day, and then I had several other businesses on the side: In the last season I was running a clothing line and writing a novel. I work really, really hard."

Read Kyle's complete interview with Lauren Conrad in the May issue of Glamour Magazine, on newsstands and available for download on the iPad, Kindle Fire and Nook on April 10.


Source: Glamour

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen