Montag, 17. Dezember 2012

Lauren Conrad Shows How to Decorate With Ornaments!

Lauren Conrad will be guest blogging for iVillage throughout the month of December! For her third post, she puts together this blog about creating your own holiday decorations without spending a dime!

When it comes to holiday decorations I love to dress up my home with festive homemade touches. Whether it’s a homemade garland or glittery holiday-themed figurines, giving your home a celebratory touch is a simple way to brighten up your space during the dark winter months.

One of my favorite ways to liven up my home with the holiday spirit is by using leftover ornaments in unconventional ways. This year, I took dozens of tiny golden ornaments that I used on my tree in years past and scattered them amongst my seashell collection above the mantel of my fireplace. I love how I gave these old ornaments new life and instantly added a festal touch to my mantel. I’ve also been known to fill a glass bowl with ornaments and use it as a centerpiece on my coffee table. It’s so easy but so pretty.

Another idea that I’ve been obsessed with of as of late is using bows as decoration. My mom has always loved bows and clearly that was a dominant trait because I love them too…maybe more. During the holidays she would adorn our home with dozens of bows—you could find them anywhere from the banisters to the front door to our holiday wreathes. I loved how she did this so I’ve followed suit. However I took it one step further by creating massive loopy bows and using them as centerpieces when I’m entertaining.

In addition to bows and scattered ornaments, I really enjoy making my own decorations. This year I made a glitter garland that hangs across my fireplace and I’m also planning on making a sparkly “Be Merry” sign as well.
How do you like to DIY your holiday décor?
XO Lauren


Source: iVillage

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen