Dienstag, 4. Dezember 2012

Lauren Conrad Shows Us How to DIY Gift Tags!


Lauren Conrad announced that throughout the month of December she will be guest blogging for iVillage! To kick things off, Lauren put together this post about adding the perfect personal touch to your gift giving this holiday season.

"During the holiday season I think a lot of us get caught up in the idea of giving simply to give instead of giving thoughtfully. To ensure my presents feel personalized, I like to make my own gift tags. It’s really quite simple and doesn’t require a lot of time, but makes a big difference as opposed to using store-bought tags.

This year, I started making gift tags with watercolors and watercolor paper. I started this project a few weeks ago and whenever I have some downtime I pull out my supplies and make a few. (It’s a great activity to do while you’re catching up on your favorite fall shows!)

I created a tag template by tracing a playing card onto watercolor paper and then cut out a whole stack of them to decorate. Like I said before, I used watercolor supplies to create my tags this year. However, other materials I’ve been known to use include glitter pens, stamps (which I like to trace over with glue and glitter), and scrapbook letters. If you’re not particularly artistic, definitely give the stamps and scrapbook letters a try.

What do you think? I encourage all of you to take a little time to give this thoughtful touch a try. It’s simple and the recipients of your gifts will really appreciate your added efforts.  Are you going to make your own gift tags this year? What materials do you plan to use?

Happy crafting!
XO Lauren"

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen