Donnerstag, 19. September 2013

Lauren Conrad Talks All Things Beauty, Pinterest, the Kardashians and More!

I sat down with the Lauren Conrad to talk all things beauty, Pinterest, the Kardashians, and more.
The only thing she wouldn't reveal? Her favorite Instagram filter.

Cosmo: I know you just moved into a new place, did you edit down your closet beforehand?
"Yeah, I got rid of some stuff, but the one thing I really wanted was for my new closet to smell fresh. So, I washed all of my basics in a combination of the Downy Unstoppables Glow and the Infusions Cashmere Glow. I really like the smell of the Unstoppables In-Wash Scent Booster beads, so I'm also going to put them in a little pouch and hang them in my closet and put them in my sock drawer."

Cosmo: We have this series called Sexy vs. Skanky. In your opinion, what is the difference between sexy and skanky?
"I think sexy leaves a little to the imagination and skanky doesn't."

Cosmo: Are you aware that your single tear mascara GIF is one of the most popular GIFs EVER?
"I didn't know it was popular, but I know it exists. You know that they slowed it down in the show right?"

Cosmo: WHAT? NO THEY DIDN'T.
"Yeah, I asked my producer and he told me they put it in slow motion to give it a more dramatic effect.
That day it was filmed I was really sad — and I wasn't wearing waterproof mascara. Whoops."


Cosmo: Speaking of relationships, yours have been exploited on TV for years.
Has anyone ever felt so inclined to give you good or bad relationship advice?

"There's a lot of bad advice I've gotten. A lot of people became really invested in my relationships who didn't know what they didn't see on camera. And those people would encourage me to get back together with certain people that weren't great. They'd say, "You guys need to get back together!" And I would say, "Oh, no, we really don't—it was all bad."

Cosmo: As a reality all-star, are you team Kardashian?
"I think they're pretty entertaining. I don't watch them that often because I don't watch a lot of reality television,
but I think they're funny, they're nice girls, and they're working hard."


Cosmo: But you're not obsessed with the show then?
"You know, I'm not, but that's because being on reality television will ruin reality TV for you. I did it for so long that I sympathize with them when something is going wrong. Because in those moments you're frustrated and you have to wait to get mic'd. I'm so removed from it now though, so when I see it I don't enjoy watching it, really."

Cosmo: Okay, so we're obsessed with your Instagram and everyone at the office is dying to know what filter you use?
"I can't tell you (laughs), I won't tell anybody!"

Cosmo: Wait, why?!
"Because people keep asking me and I'm like, this is mine! I will tell you that I use several different apps before it goes into Instagram."

Cosmo: Do you photograph everything on your Instagram yourself?
"I usually take all of the pictures with the exception that every once in a while I'll post a photo that someone else took on their camera. But I always give them a photo credit. For example, the picture I took about a month ago of me in the clown outfit (below), my hairstylist Kristen Ess took."

Cosmo: Moving onto Pinterest. Do you handle your own or do you have someone help you with it?
"I have my LaurenConrad.com girls help me with it, but I do it too. We all have similar taste, which is why it looks so uniform, so that really helps. And we have monthly meetings where we go through all of the posts that we're going to go on the site, so we're all on the same page."

Cosmo: Who's doing your brows these days?! They're amazing!
"Nobody! I was so embarrassed about them this morning — I even said to myself, "These things are getting crazy!" I have giant eyebrows and if I didn't touch them there would only be one! (Laughs.) But when I do them, I lightly tweeze them, and then I use clear brow gel just to keep them in place."

Cosmo: Well, whatever you're doing to them it's working. They're very Cara Delevingne-like.
"(Laughs.) Well, thank you, because I definitely didn't think they looked good this morning!"
Source: Cosmopolitan
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen